Saturday 29 March 2014

Mother's Day day trip

It's been a bit quiet on this here blog this week, hasn't it? Sorry about that. I did write a post. A bit of a rant on my current position in limbo-land with regard to my Coeliac status. It took me ages to write - trying to say what I felt, but without being too whingy, and then it disappeared. All gone with no trace of it having existed. I haven't had the willpower to write it again yet, but I might, soon, just in case you're interested!

Other than that, I have spent every spare second this week sewing away, ready for my first craft stall on Thursday. It's been a mine field of what to make, how much, what to charge, how to display, etc etc and has been pretty all-consuming this week. I have taken solace in reading about some other bloggers' craft fair experiences though, so I'll add my own report to the mix after Thursday!

For now, I'm just having a quick cuppa before getting back to the sewing machine and thought I'd share some pictures from our lovely day out last Sunday. It was my Mother's Day treat, as we are busy tomorrow. I had no idea what was in store for us, other than that we were heading west, and we had a picnic with us.

For those of you that know me IRL (that's for Janet, since I had never noticed the term before this week!), or have read the blog a while, you'll know that my daughters each have an Irish middle name, one meaning 'little bird' and the other 'little deer'. So because this was my Mother's Day treat, my lovely husband looked for something along that theme. As a result, we ended up at Prinknash Bird and Deer Park. What a really lovely place to spend some time.


The daffodils were in full bloom and looking amazing.

The animals were all really friendly and looked very happy and well cared for.

I fell in love with this little dude.

A Kookaburra. There were two of them, but this one spent lots of time watching us, cocking his head to the side, looking really quizzical. Such a little character. I could have watched him all day!

Check out the cutest little chicken coop ever! When I get chickens (someday) I will have to egg them a beautiful abode like this.

The peacocks were tame enough to eat out of our hands. So amazing to be able to get so close to them!

And is this the most beautiful willow tree you've ever seen?

There were plenty of kooky little places to explore. These beautiful caravans can be hired for parties. If we lived closer, I would so be having Evie's next birthday party here!

This goat trying to get over the stile just reminded me of the billy goats gruff!

 

Another beautiful caravan available to hire.

It took about 2 hours to get there from Bedford. There were lots of lovely picnicking spots, and a nice cafe for a cream tea afterwards. Well worth a visit. We will definitely be back later in the year to see the miniature donkeys, who were still in their winter home last week.

Right, back to the sewing. Here's a sneak peak of some of the things I've been making. I'll show you lots more pics when I'm done.

I've had company of course, the whole time!

That's not much help!

You can help me though, dear readers. What do you like to see (and buy!!) at a craft fair? Any ideas for me?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment